Possible project (was Re: US states want MS Office ported to…

Author: KevinO
Subject: Possible project (was Re: US states want MS Office ported toLinux (fwd))
"der.hans" wrote:

> Am 13. Dec, 2001 schwätzte Victor Odhner so:
>
> > Maybe a local computer hardware store that was willing to endure
> > Microsoft's wrath?
>
> PC Club will let us come in and do demos. We could probably arrange for a
> kiosk machine, but we'd need to supply the machine. We could probably get
> them to run one of the "run off the CD" distros on their demo boxen.

We should demonstrate a box that has been crippled up by using a 'run
from CD' system or one that hasn't been carefully setup and configured
so that everthing works right.
3D accel, sound, cd writer and software, browser, wheel mouse and
anything we could think of and get going. This probably means one of us
should set up the box ahead of time.

> I might be able to get us in Frys in Tempe as well. We've got to have
> volunteers who will commit to supporting the demos if we go into Frys.

I would volunteer some time ...
--
Kevin O'Connor

"People will be free to devote themselves to activities that are fun

The GNU Manifesto - Copyright (C) 1985, 1993 Free Software Foundation,
Inc.