Laptop for Linux

Author: Kevin Brown
New-Topics: Palm, KPilot and ttys0
Subject: Laptop for Linux
I'm using a Panasonic Toughbook. Given the choice I would continue using the
line due to durability. I rollerblade around ASU and need as much space in my
backpack as possible for books and notepads, so I couldn't really use any of the
padded laptop backpacks. So far this laptop has taken about half-a-dozen
impacts to concrete when I fell and just kept going. It has gone in for service
twice in 4 years, once to fix an issue with it no longer recognizing the floppy
drive and the other to get the drive restored to original factory default
(didn't come with a CD and the floppies I have made went bad in the 3 years they
were sitting on the shelf).

They can be a little heavy (mine is around 7lbs), but it is worth it. Mine is a
very old model (CF-25MkII, Pentium 150). It has had a few hickups with linux,
but I think that has more to do with me then with the hardware. Maybe I should
do a right up for linux-laptop.net since I don't recall ever seeing my model
there.

http://www.panasonic.com/computer/notebook/html/01.asp