OT: Photo Radar

Author: Nathan England
Subject: OT: Photo Radar
--=-LXDzRA7aHgypZih+YunT

I apologize now for this being way off topic, but being such a good
discussion group, I know some one here will have some information on
this.

My father recieved a ticket in the mail from a photo radar.. =20
The ticket was not certified mail, it was normal delivery in his po box.
He lives up in Pine AZ, the ticket was in Chandler.
I was driving his car, so I effectively got the ticket.
I got the ticket in front of Corona del Sol high school on Warner and
Rural in Tempe/Chandler.. On the south side of the road is Chandler, on
the north side of Warner it's Tempe. nonetheless it was a tempe cop..
The white ford aerostar minivan thing.

The speedlimit in this area is 45. All along Rural it's 45 mph.
The sign is marked School Zone.. uhm, school zones are 35 from
7:30-4:30

I got the ticket for doing 48 and the time was 4:32

I have heard lots of different things about this, whether or not he
should fight it or pay it, and I can't find anything on the net, other
than speculation. Does anyone know any facts about this? Or sites with
information?

I've heard that unless it is delivered by certified mail, or delivered
by a sheriff, you can just throw it away.
But again, I want facts.
I'm not going to let my father pay for the ticket, but you can bet I'm
going to fight it. =20
Thanks for any help

nathan

--=-LXDzRA7aHgypZih+YunT