Match distro and desktop?

Author: Alan Dayley
Subject: Match distro and desktop?
RedHat has 7.2 out. I just burned the CDs. In the release email I got, they
tout Gnome and Nautalus but there is no mention of KDE. I know KDE is in
there but they are obviously pushing Gnome.

SuSE is very KDE "centered." I assume other distros may be "centered" on
some other window manager/desktop environment.

Question: Is it better/more reliable/more supported to run the
distro-preferred desktop or does it not really matter?

To ask it another way: Is it true that, for example, if I really like KDE, I
should use SuSE because SuSE will be "better" integrated with KDE and,
conversely, if I really like RedHat I should use Gnome since they will
support Gnome better? That it is better to use the "matching" distro and
desktop pair?

Alan