Rant

Author: der.hans
Subject: Rant
Am 09. Oct, 2001 schwätzte George Toft so:

> I looked this up before I posted, and these were the numbers from
> several web sites. I thought RH had more market share than that,

          ^^^^^^^^^

> so my perception was off.

Number of web sites doesn't indicate number of installations. Kinda like
taking a survey of Circle Ks to find out what cars are on the road :).

Caldera claimed to have tons of desktop installs in corps. Don't know if
they really ever did have that much, but remember articles saying they did (
not that I trust zdnet and so forth to actually check facts ). They almost
certainly don't have them now. Then again, if all those sco boxes are
becoming caldera boxen, maybe they do.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
# The only way for a woman to change a man