Rant

Author: der.hans
Subject: Rant
Am 07. Oct, 2001 schwätzte George Toft so:

> I would look at it from a marketing perspective. Each of the
> distros you cited are backed by a company. I believe Slack is

debian isn't backed by a company. Most commercial vendors won't acknowledge
it either.

> supported only by Patrick V. Also, look at the market share.
> Red Hat has 55-60% market share, Caldera 10%, and all others

There's the impression that RH has that much. There was even back when
Caldera supposedly had the most installed boxen.

Demanding Free Software can fix all those problems, though :).

ciao,

der.hans
--
# home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
# Help Jerry Lewis stamp out M$...oops that's MDA - der.hans