Rant

Author: Rick Rosinski
Subject: Rant
Over time, I have noticed (as did everybody else, no doubt) that when
checking for compatibility / requirements for most of the software out there
(Notably, StarOffice), they support RedHat, SuSE, Debian, Mandrake, and even
YellowDog, and of course, Solaris. But they do not support Slackware, even
though they provide a tarball binary (so it isn't because of any package
management). This really irritates me, and I worry about future releases of
my programs will no longer work on a Slackware system. I don't want to have
to change to one of the above distributions just because of some major
oversight of one of the first - and ongoing - distributions of Linux.

Any comments, rants, verifications, discredits, etc.?

--
Rick Rosinski
http://rickrosinski.com