Banners and PIDS

Author: Dominic Busher
Subject: Banners and PIDS
I have two questions. First, How to a post a banner
msg when my users telnet into my Linux box? I tried
putting banner = {file} in my telnet file but that did
not work.

2nd: When a user gets done dialing into a system using
Minicom and DIP they sometimes forget to end thier
processes and just exit out. The next user telnets in
and can't use Minicom or DIP (and cant kill the pids
because they are not owners). How can I either: A)
post a logout msg warning them to run a script I wrote
to kill both pids before exiting OR B) Give all users
the ability to kill pids regardless of owner (this
would be preferred.)