sendmail question...

Author: der.hans
Subject: sendmail question...
Am 31. Jul, 2001 schwäzte Thomas Mondoshawan Tate so:

> intelligent and grab the MAIL To: <whomever> command from the SMTP system
> and use that as the To: header when the MTA forgets to add a To: header in
> the actual envelope) but alas, this seems to be the only simple way -- save

The body's To: header is completely ignored. I can address mail To:
, but send it to .

The To: header in the envelope is the one that counts. The option I
mentioned for exim tosses that into the body headers, so it hangs out when
the envelope goes away. The envelope's To: header is how the MTA knows where
to deliver the mail next.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
# "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans