mysqld help

Author: severed.dreams
Subject: mysqld help
On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Craig White wrote:
> I'm trying to set up mysqld and when I run...
>
> mysqladmin -u hostname.domainname.com password 'password'
> (yes, I have substituted the proper names and password)
>
> I am denied access:
> connect to server at ... failed:
> error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@...' (Using password: 'YES')
>
> I am quite certain that this is a necessary step and I can't figure this one
> out - any help?

Make sure you've done all the post installation steps, and installed the
grant tables.

Make sure to read the following link, and follow the instructions.
http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Installing.html#Post-installation

From Don Harrop <> Fri Dec 1 00:47:11 2000
From: Don Harrop <> (Don Harrop)
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 17:47:11 -0700 (MST)
Subject: init.d startup scripts.

Hey pluggers.

I've written an HPUX init.d startup script to start sshd at bootup.
The problem is that no matter what I do the daemon is killed off after
init.d is over. I know that it starts because I've encorporated a ps
command to output to a file in my script and it is a process running.
After I log in though and do an lsof -i :22 or a ps to find my sshdaemon
it's not there. I've tried starting it with an & for a background process
and that doesn't work. I've also tried su'ing to root and executing sshd
but I get an error message saying I don't have execute permissions. sshd
is chmod'ed 755 so it should be able to execute. I need a bone here
guys.. :-)