MesaGL and glut.h(was: ARTICLE: Build your own black hole)

Author: Jasonjkenner@mindspring.com
Subject: MesaGL and glut.h(was: ARTICLE: Build your own black hole)
Lucas Vogel wrote:
> Buildin and playing with this program threatens my study schedule this
> weekend:
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2000/09/15/blackhole.html?page=1

OK, this got me interested.. so I just compiled and installed Mesa-3.0
so I could use OpenGL.
Prior to installing Mesa, I was missing gl.h, glu.h, and glut.h

Now I am just missing glut.h

I find the whole OpenGL thing a little confusing, especially
considering I am reluctant to invest in a gaming videocard.
Essentially I am just adding a whole bunch of generic function calls
that will do what a program would have done anyways (draw to the
screen) but everything is abstracted one layer over so that someday,
it might be 3D accelerated. OK.. fair enough - but why does it seem so
hard to gather together all the pieces?

--
    __
I Support Linux:           _> _  _ |_  _  _     _|