High speed networking

Author: Kevin Buettner
Subject: High speed networking
On May 26, 9:54am, Joel Dudley wrote:

> I am concerned, however, that a 100Mbps network
> connection to the data is going to slow down the dynamic creation of the web
> as compared to reading it off the 10, 000 RPM SCSI RAID disks (obviously).
> Are there any good ultra high speed networking connections available that
> work well under linux?

Myrinet. The scientific labs that build those large Beowulf clusters
that you hear about swear by it. These cards give you full duplex
1.28 Gigabit/second links. See

    http://www.myri.com/myrinet/overview/index.html

I have heard that this is quite a pricey solution, however, so you might
want to also look at ordinary gigabit ethernet. See

    http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/

I don't have direct experience with either solution.

Kevin