[Plug-security] sshd - Setting your ports at 2222 or another port above 1024

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Mar 19 07:16:00 MST 2011

Brute forcing sshd, gaining a non-privileged user shell on any sshd
configured above 1024:
http://www.securitytube.net/video/1641

Once we have a nice user shell, we can gain root:
Here's the most recent linux kernel exploit:
http://securitytube.net/video/1642

Disclaimer: All exploit education is intended for lab demonstration for the
purposes of education.  We do not recommend you try this at home.

WE DO RECOMMEND that all Linux Administrators out there TURN OFF SSHD or SSH
Servers and ONLY use VPN's.
--
(503) 754-4452 iPhone
(623) 239-3392 Skype