ntp

Michael bmike1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 20:24:16 MST 2021

it initially was about NTP. I thought I could reset system time at each
restart. And I believe it is the battery because it often forgets the time.
usually it is only off a couple of hous but a couple of times it has been
off by decades. it has said it was 2031.

On Thu, Dec 23, 2021 at 6:21 PM Steve Litt via PLUG-discuss <
plug-discuss at lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:

> Michael via PLUG-discuss said on Thu, 23 Dec 2021 15:29:21 -0500
>
> >It's not that I don't want to replace it. It is just that the screws
> >holding the board in place are too securely tight. I will spend the
> >$40 to have it replaced.
>
> Once again, https://lmgtfy.app/#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=laptop%20tool%20kit
>
> With a correctly sized and shaped, tight fitting screwdriver, plus a
> pliers to apply tork and your palm to press hard, the screws will most
> likely come out. If they don't, a professional replacing your battery
> will charge you over $100.00, maybe over $200.00.
>
> If you don't know what I mean by "correctly sized and shaped", I mean
> the right size with the right head, such as a size 0 Phillips
> screwdriver. Once again, do a web search. Maybe watch a couple Youtube
> videos about laptop disassembly --- there might even be a video with
> your exact model of laptop. I leave it as an exercise to you how to
> find the Youtube video on youtube.com.
>
> There's one other web page you really need to read:

> This was never about NTP, this was about a battery.
>
> Or maybe not, because you never told us what causes you to suspect a
> low battery. Read the preceding URL, and then get back to us.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt
> Spring 2021 featured book: Troubleshooting Techniques of the Successful
> Technologist http://www.troubleshooters.com/techniques