ntp

Eric Oyen eric.oyen at icloud.com
Sun Dec 26 04:47:28 MST 2021

I had problems with those silly watch type batteries. So, my solution, which I have done to every machine of the desktop variety I have ever owned, was to take out said battery, wire in a AA holder and insert some rechargeable. Since it isn’t that hard, it turns out to be a low cost over time solution. Not recommended for laptops as the space is at a premium inside the case). Btw, a good set of rechargeable powering the RTC on board can literally last years between recharging. However, I always wanted to have a recharge circuit that would use the built-in switching supply to trickle charge the batteries when the machine is in operation. Never got around to doing that. However, replacing with freshly charged units and then correcting any time discrepancies resulting was easy enough to do (until I went total that is) Since no known firmware on any desktop or laptop is accessible for us totally blind technologists, I have to depend on someone else to take care of the finer points.

Still, for what it is, this is a wonderful solution.

-Eric
From the Central Offices of the Technomage Guild, Innovations and Inventions Dept.