zoom and teams patches

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Wed Apr 29 08:47:06 MST 2020

How's the video sharing and remote control capabilities?  That is always
the issue with linux involved.

Teams, UberConf both don't allow remote control, so they're only
half-functional imho.  Even sharing alone, both were also bad about letting
me share one of my 3 displays at a time, only allowing the full 3x display,
or a single application at a time.  Zoom and WebEx allow me to show each
display individually.  It's like a feature they don't know exists, but is
damn relevant when you have 2-3 displays going at a time.

I use hangouts still for my sms as my main number *is* gvoice still, but
hangouts, duo, etc have never been too usable, or at least everyone else
just went back to the facebook/instagram/whatsapp cartel, or use their
work's service ala zoom/webex/etc.  I don't care about or use video (no one
wants to see me), I just need desktop sharing and remote control to get
their stuff working.

-mb