Computer camera Zoom?

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Thu Apr 23 15:13:30 MST 2020

On 2020-04-23 13:04, Michael Butash via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> The older the better if it meets your resolution standard, but these
> are pretty standard (and cheap used).

To expand on this:  USB video cameras that have been made at least in
the last 10 years (and probably before that) are supposed to follow a
standard.  This is the USB Video Class standard, and so far, I think the
webcams I've seen that have USB interfaces have all followed this
standard and been usable once the uvcvideo kernel module has been
loaded.  Most distros will do that automatically.  Yes, this includes
the last 2 Lenovo Thinkpads I had that included built-in webcams.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity