Computer camera Zoom?

Michael Butash michael at butash.net
Thu Apr 23 15:33:15 MST 2020

It's when vendors start adding things, like extra buttons, motion, or other
features that they get wonky, much like any usb, network, or other camera.
As a standard, UVC anything should work, but beware fancy devices with
features, you're better off with an older, more basic device that just does
its job well as a camera and nothing else.

Note some include a microphone, this has never ended well with different
input/output sinks for conference calls.  My logitech does add a mic, I
always get echo/feedback, in general vitriol from participants if I dare us
it.  I tend to stick to a single input/output device for audio like my
jabra 510 puck.  I suspect pulseaudio muxing latency.

-mb