OT: Need a Campaign to Secure WIFI Sites

Vara La Fey varalafey at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 15:35:36 MST 2017

OMG!!

First of all, you'd be mis-educating them if telling them that
certificate "validity" has any real meaning. (But now you're talking
about http.)

Second, why do you think you have any right to put speed bumps in the
way of people who are doing nothing to you?

Third, if your grandmother needs internet "safety" education, just
educate her, or refuse to keep fixing the problems she encounters in her
ignorance - if she really is all that ignorant. I hope you wouldn't
install a browser re-direct without her consent, because then you'd be
just any other malware propagator with just any other self-righteous
rationalization.

Fourth, if /you /need educational "speed bumps" on /your /router, /you
/are free to have them. One of the great things about freedom - from
government or from meddling busybodies - is that /you /get to be free too.

For years my Firefox has had an option to "always use HTTPS", and I'm
sure all other modern browsers do as well. Plus, Mozilla.org has a free
plugin - I think it's from EFF.org - called "HTTPS Everywhere". It's all
very easy to use, and will be almost entirely transparent to Grandma.