Crap! HDMI... :( Update...

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Thu Mar 17 12:15:55 MST 2016

On 2016-03-17 08:35, kitepilot at kitepilot.com wrote:
> Crappy cable!  Took laptop to Micro Center and they plugged it
> there with a good cable to a 4K TV (in Window$)  All good...
>
> Bought a cable and plugged to my 4K TV. All good...
> Linux still doesn't work.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/intel_graphics , down in the
"configuration" section, says that HD 530 chips like the one that's
supposed to be in your laptop may require additional configuration
and/or a kernel that's 4.3 or newer.  The other arch page at
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bumblebee says that it's probable
that the intel card is actually pushing most of the video out, and you
should probably start there with HDMI troubleshooting.

What does "xrandr" say?  On my desktop, that says there are VGA, DVI,
and HDMI outputs available, which matches what's on the video card.  If
xrandr says there's no HDMI output, it might be necessary to add some
options to your /etc/X11/xorg.conf and have a look in your
/var/log/Xorg.0.log for anything related to HDMI.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity