Void Linux tips

Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Wed Oct 21 14:36:57 MST 2015

On 2015-10-21 12:05, Steve Litt wrote:
> I recently switched over to Void Linux, a KISS principle distro much
> closer to Slack than to Ubuntu, but with an oustanding, full
> dependency handling package manager. So far, I really like it.
> I've put together a bunch of tips for installing and using Void, so
> that the next guy has an easier time than I did:
> http://troubleshooters.com/linux/void/voidtips.htm

Interesting.  I guess this could be another alternative to the creeping
"systemd is everywhere" thing.

FWIW, every time I've had the keyboard disappear in X, it's been
because X's hardware auto-detect logic has broken something or gotten
confused.  Telling X to not auto-detect keyboards and mice and just use
a couple of old-school Keyboard and Mouse devices in your xorg.conf has
made the keyboard just work for me.  (Note that this may be a
Gentoo-specific problem and solution.  Also note that apparently lots of
distros now just rely on X auto-configuring everything and don't bother
generating an xorg.conf.)

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity