Article / Data warehouse cms software

Keith Smith techlists at phpcoderusa.com
Tue May 26 09:32:06 MST 2015

Hi Nathan,

Since you have familiarity with WordPress that might be a path to
evaluate.  You might want to talk with Shawn Badger (he is on the PLUG
list) about this.  I talked with him about 6 weeks ago about what
Chandler PD is doing with WordPress.  Way beyond what I would have
expected from WordPress.

I am not familiar with wikimedia and it's maintenance requirements.  I
can say that WordPress does not require a lot of attention.

If you are doing something very heavy duty Drupal might be a candidate.
I warn you that Drupal has a serious learning curve if you want to lean
how to build modules... etc.  And the down site of Drupal is it requires
a lot of attention.

Keith

On 2015-05-25 21:08, Nathan England wrote:
> I have a project to store a lot of data. Articles, stories, and
> encyclopedia type stuff. My first thought was to use a wiki
> (wikimedia) as it makes the contents easily searchable, but what about
> other cms systems like wordpress?
>
> My question is, do any of you store lots of content which can be
> edited occasionally, searched often, and constantly has new stuff
> added? What do you use to store it in?
>
> Another great benefit would be an easily backed up system, obviously a
> wordpress/db or wiki/db would be easily backed up. But I also need the
> ability to print in a basic format. And if I could access it and read
> on my phone it would be even better.
>
> I appreciate your thoughts and input!
>
> Nathan England

Keith Smith