wargames

James Mcphee jmcphe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 03:17:08 MST 2015

I started with ksh as a shell, and there are some great ksh books out
there.  I picked up the bash eccentricities via the bash man page (read in
a browser while sitting in an airport).  I highly recommend reading the
bash man page once you get the basics down.  It is incredibly good.

For basic stuffs, you can start with the ibm developerworks pages on bash.
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-bash.html
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-bash2.html
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-bash3.html

These pages are pretty basic, but concentrate on examples and are
well-written enough that you can power through them.

I would love to point you at a good book, but I haven't found one for bash.

James McPhee
jmcphe at gmail.com