Games....

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Fri Jun 19 01:31:06 MST 2015

On 2015-06-18 16:27, Michael Butash wrote:

> Another game I still break out occasionally and play under linux is
> Decent1/2, that had their executables ported to linux/gl natively by a
> random fan years ago (d1x/d2x-rebirth), which is still a great game
> imho and a fav of mine.  Amazingly, it works on 3 monitors in full
> screen, which was even better, and I could still plug in my old usb
> Sidewinder controller and go to town.
>
> -mb

Wow! That was *the* game I played in high school. I spent sooo many long
nights playing Descent 1/2 with my best friend. Our parents didn't
realize we were tying up the phone line to play that game but it was
incredible.

Talk about fond memories. I've looked at it today and the graphics are
sooo cheesy, but hey, there is a remake and it is hopefully going to be
equally amazing!

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/classic-fps-descent-to-be-rebooted-by-star-citizen-alums/