KDE Users: kdeconnect

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Wed Oct 8 14:01:00 MST 2014

I don't have access to Gnome so I don't know if this works in Gnome or
not...

Have any of you heard of or used KDE Connect?

You must have bluetooth on your laptop/desktop for this to work.
kdeconnect is a small applet that runs in the kde panel and has an app
that installs on your android phone. Once the two devices have paired
you get special communications back and forth between the devices.

Example: When my phone rings and I happen to be listening to music or
watching something on my computer, my volume mutes, so it does not
interfere with my phone call.

When someone texts me I get alerts on my desktop, which is awesome
because I often have my phone on vibrate.

I just found this cool little utility, though it's been out for some
time and I just had to share it.

Linux rocks!

--
Regards,
Nathan England

NME Consulting Services http://www.nmecs.com
Nathan England ( nathan at nmecs.com )
Systems Administration / Web Application Development
Information Security Consulting
(480) 559.9681