memory

Michael Havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 11:04:29 MST 2014

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 4:36 PM, Mark Phillips <mark at phillipsmarketing.biz>
wrote:

> Mike,
>
> On page 91 of the Dell Dimension C521 that I sent to you...

I didn't even notice that you sent me the manual. Thanks! That will be
beneficial. Also, after perusing it a little I noticed that they said that
the memories need to be identical in pairs. To me that is saying that the
two 800 Mhz banks would work at 800 Mhz and (if I am sent 533 Mhz chips)the
two 533 Mhz chips would work together.  Here is what it says:

DDR2 Memory Overview
Your computer has a minimum memory configuration of one DDR2 memory module.
This memory module must be installed in DIMM1. If two or more DDR2 memory
modules are installed, they should be installed in pairs of matched memory
size, speed, and technology. If the DDR2 memory modules are not installed
in matched pairs, the computer will continue to operate, but with a slight
reduction in performance. See the label on the module to determine the
module’s capacity.