knoppix

Rusty Ramser rusty_ramser at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 5 16:21:22 MST 2014

Hi, Mark.

I've had this happen before and it's usually that X has blown up and not
started correctly.  Have you tried just switching to a text terminal to see
if the system has actually started except for X?  If you can log into a text
terminal, you have a chance of troubleshooting/fixing.

If your systems all get DHCP leases from your router, you can also take a
look at the active leases and see if the Knoppix system actually appears to
be booted far enough along to be on the network.  Pings to validate it's
alive and then potentially ssh for login/troubleshooting might work if none
of the displays locally are working.

Cheers.