knoppix

Mark Jarvis m.jarvis at cox.net
Sun Oct 5 22:55:08 MST 2014

The venerable CD of my old favorite, knoppix, having died, I downloaded
the 64 bit DVD ISO (I have a 64 bit system) & burned it to a DVD. I
booted from the DVD and at the boot prompt typed the knoppx64 option. It
started off just fine, then went to a totally blank screen. The last
couple of lines before it went blank went by too fast to really notice.
The md5sum of the downloaded ISO matches.

Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is, and more importantly,
what to do about it?

Many thanks for any help!