knoppix

Nathan England nathan at nmecs.com
Sun Oct 5 16:33:09 MST 2014

Sounds to me like you need to play with grub 2's gfxmode or gfxpayload

When Knoppix boots and you can modify the grub boot options, try
gfxmode=1024x768 or google gfxmode and your video card to find valid
options.

gfxpayload=normal nomodeset
gfxmode=normal nomodeset

Try this for additional info: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FrameBuffer