Help with finding Linux apps for editing HTML/Movies/Images

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Mon Jun 23 14:58:57 MST 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 1:25 PM,  <techlists at phpcoderusa.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> About 6 months ago I switch to Kubuntu and am trying to stay with Linux for
> my workstation.  I need to find a couple tools that will help me with that
> goal.  I am a LAMP dev not a designer, however, occasionally I need to edit
> am image or create a button. I also need to work with HTML/CSS.
>
> Any recommendations on:
>
> 1) Graphics editor
the trifecta is gimp/inkscape/blender - if you need technical graphics
look at PlantUML

> 2) Movie editor for YouTube tyle stuff
if you have a lot of work to do - Cinellera
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinelerra
new on the sceen - Lightworks  http://www.lwks.com/

try LightTable - http://www.lighttable.com/

> Thanks in advance for your input.  Please no flame wars.
   I bet emacs could do all that suff and program in lisp... ;)