Help with finding Linux apps for editing HTML/Movies/Images

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jun 23 14:22:44 MST 2014

techlists at phpcoderusa.com writes:

> Hi,

<SNIP>
> Any recommendations on:
>
> 1) Graphics editor
>
> 2) Movie editor for YouTube tyle stuff
>
> 3) (X)HTML editor - would like a wysiwyg editor where I can look at
> the code and switch views so I can see what the HTML/CSS might look in
> a browser.
>
> Thanks in advance for your input.  Please no flame wars.
>
> Keith

Keith,

While not GUI don't overlook CLI tools like ImageMagick since they can
be much faster and are scriptable.  For example, ImageMagick can create
thumbnail images quickly with one simple command.  ImageMagick is powerful and well documented and you should be able to find plenty examples on the Net.

Dennisk
--
27 Years 1987-2014
SDF Free Public Access UNIX System