Help with finding Linux apps for editing HTML/Movies/Images

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Mon Jun 23 15:03:05 MST 2014

Keith wrote:
> About 6 months ago I switch to Kubuntu and am trying to stay with Linux
> for my workstation. I need to find a couple tools that will help me
> with that goal ... occasionally I need to edit am image or create a
> button. I also need to work with HTML/CSS.

Thank God, I have been able to stay 99% Linux for many years, with only
two important exceptions: Pagemaker and Paint Shop Pro. Nothing really
replaces Pagemaker, although I can now do most of what I need to do with
Libre Office. And, nothing that I have found is as fast and easy-to-use
as Paint Shop Pro for photo editing and image creation ... and it works
very well under Wine. It is light-years easier than Gimp. I heartily
recommend it!