Oh boy... We *ARE* criminals!!!

Victor Odhner vodhner at cox.net
Fri Jul 11 07:48:49 MST 2014

Is that news?  FOSS is where individuals can find tools to preserve privacy and free speech, regardless of who wants to deny them these rights. Some might suspect NSA has managed to arm-twist major software publishers into installing backdoor features into popular software, and has planted developers in the FOSS community trying to do the same.  And who would you think runs the most TOR servers ... If you can't beat them, join them, right?  In other news, Homeland Security considers former US military vets and Christian types as major sources of threats to The System[TM].  We can trust our government to protect us from ... ourselves.  As Pogo said, "We have met the enemy and he is us."  Good times.  :)  I never tried TOR, it's been years since I looked at Linux Journal, and I am no fan of Rat Fink Snowden or WikiLeaks, but I'll be paying a visit to the targeted sites this week just "for the record."