$PATH question

Nathan England plug-discuss at nmecs.com
Thu Feb 27 10:49:54 MST 2014

I know different shells source different files when started, I'm curious
to know which shell you are using.
(konsole, gnome-terminal, ...)

If it works after sourcing your .profile then I would bet you need to
have a .bashrc file with a line that says source ~/.profile.

Like Kitepilot, I too am curious to know what

which foo.sh
or
whereis foo.sh

tells us.