$PATH question

sean sean.a.ritzler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 08:42:27 MST 2014

What's the actual output of `which killsol.sh` when it's not working?
It should say "which: no killsol.sh in ($PATH)". This will probably
not have /home/larry/bin.

man bash, see: INVOCATION to figure out where (and which) files need
to be. Upstream bash does not include ~/bin in the path by default. Do
you have a .bashrc? Have you modified it? I don't know what Ubuntu
does to the environment, but a .bashrc should set you straight.

Sean