$PATH question

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 11:59:49 MST 2014

Sean, there is no output from killsol.sh.  It either kills the desired
process or does nothing.  And it DOES work when it actually gets run.

Nathan, .profile actually checks to see if the is a .bashrc and if so, runs
it so putting in what you suggest would create an infinite loop.  BUT, you
gave me a clue.  I think ubuntu actually uses dash for the login shell
though bash is the default user shell.  THAT may be why .profile does not
get run for the login shell.