Can't get HDMI output working properly in Linux Mint

Fred Fifield ffifield at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 09:40:32 MST 2014

Thank you very much. This is exactly what was going on.  I should have
figured this out on my own, the big clue being the desktop background
showing up on the TV screen. For some reason I was expecting the TV display
to be a duplication of the laptop display, not an extension of it. I d on't
know why I thought that since Windows doesn't work that way either.

Fred