Kubuntu upgrade problem

Brian Cluff brian at snaptek.com
Thu Apr 17 16:05:36 MST 2014

Try: sudo do-release-upgrade -dp

If that doesn't work try changing your repository location in
/etc/apt/sources.list from us.archive.ubuntu.com to just
archive.ubuntu.com and then run sudo do-release-upgrade -dp again...
just remember to change it back once the upgrade has finished,

If all else fails, you should be able to do an upgrade by just doing a
search and replace in sources.list from saucy to trusty and then doing a
dist-upgrade.  You should get the same thing but without the cleanup
procedure that is done at the end of the do-release-upgrade script.

One thing I can tell you is that I've been running it on 4 computers at
my house and it seems to be a very good release.  No huge new features
on the desktop, just lots of spit and polish.

Brian Cluff