Kubuntu upgrade problem

Derek Trotter expat.arizonan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 19:23:14 MST 2014

On 04/17/2014 04:05 PM, Brian Cluff wrote:
> Try: sudo do-release-upgrade -dp

I tried man do-release-upgrade and got this:

-d, --devel-release Check if upgrading to the latest devel release is
possible

-p, --proposed Try upgrading to the latest release using the upgrader
from Ubuntu-proposed

Will these options get me the version that's meant to be released or
some beta version?

> If that doesn't work try changing your repository location in
> /etc/apt/sources.list from us.archive.ubuntu.com to just
> archive.ubuntu.com and then run sudo do-release-upgrade -dp again...
> just remember to change it back once the upgrade has finished,
Is there any advantage to using us.archive.ubuntu.com other than the
route to the server being shorter and hopefully faster?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Derek

--
"I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."

Patrick Moore