Java Monitoring on a VPC

James Mcphee jmcphe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 16:19:39 MST 2013

You can plot a graph during these times to see if it's spending a lot of
time in garbage collection.  Other options are to take jstack thread dumps
and see what the app is up to at that time.

My favorite way to fiddle is to plug VisualVM (replacement for jconsole)
into the jvm and watch when issues are occuring.  That uses JMX and you can
monitor threads and mbeans.