Java Monitoring on a VPC

Vimal Shah vimals at sokikom.com
Wed Oct 9 16:13:58 MST 2013

jstat works nicely now James. Thank you. I will try the various options as
well.

A little more about the problem. Every 4-6 weeks the CPU util looks like:

[image: Inline image 1]

The application slows and Alerts are emailed. The application is restarted
(in this case on 10/2 at 1:00). This allows the application to return to
normal responsiveness and allows the box itself to go back to 3% CPU util.
The ideal tool would be one that would help us understand this. Can jstat
be used to investigate this? Would a call trace and heap dump be more
useful as identification to the function that was called when this error
occurred?