Java Monitoring on a VPC

Vimal Shah vimals at sokikom.com
Wed Oct 9 17:47:39 MST 2013

That makes sense and the script is writing itself! It seems that jmap and
jhat would be good to:
http://www.marcsturlese.com/2009/05/09/analyzing-java-heaps-with-jmap-and-jhat/

To get jvisualvm working, I'm assuming I need to put Gnome on the server
and then use putty with X-windows and forwarding enabled? If this is
correct, are there performance ramifications to adding Gnome? If not, any
references to how to do this?