keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 28 08:02:07 MST 2013

4 years ago I bought the cheapest black Friday laptop I could find.  It was $370 and an HP.  Not much power and not much RAM.  I've used that laptop as a LAMP server (PHP Dev box) for the past 2 years.  Does just fine.

2 years ago I bought a cheap laptop just before Black Friday,  It also cost $370 and is an HP with more CP and RAM.  I use it for my desktop with an external keyboard, mouse, and monitor.

So far these cheap laptops have given me good service.

I have not had many hardware issues over the years.  I started buying computers 26 years ago.  I think the reason is I use top shelf power strips.

Keith Smith