Matt Graham mhgraham at crow202.org
Wed Nov 27 11:36:59 MST 2013

> Stephen wrote:
>> I have to say i have liked the internal design of the last
>> two generations [of Dell]. Easy to work on and keep cleaned out.
>> well on the latitudes specifically, the inspirons were a PITA
>> to work on.

Can't talk much about Dell machines, but IIRC the Field Circus manuals
for many Dell laptops were actually available if you dug around on the
Dell website long enough.

On 2013-11-27 11:21, Michael Havens wrote:
> don't get the cheapest. I bought the cheapest at  walmart's black
> friday sale and I think the hard drive is already dying.

If you value your time, don't buy cheap hardware.  You almost always
get what you pay for when it comes to physical components.

Is there any other manufacturer other than IBM/Lenovo that makes
laptops with Trackpoints?  In the last few years, I haven't seen
anything from anyone other than Lenovo that has a Trackpoint.  AFAICT,
the quality of Lenovo/IBM gear is pretty good, but that may stop being
true at some point.  I'd like to have another option if that happens.

--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity