video cables: 2 out of 3 ain't bad

Mike Bushroe mbushroe at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 19:40:14 MST 2013

der.hans,

  because there is so much difference in how they implement VGA (limited
resolution, analog out, sync pulses, etc) and digital they many "dual head"
display drivers have one of each to make sure that what ever type of
display you have, they can drive at least one. So I fear that you quest for
2 digital displays is likely to fail, or require new hardware, not just new
software.

What are you using for video? X? You might need Xinerama to get full use of
both screens.

Mike

> moin moin,
>
> It looks like I can get 2 out of 3 as long as the two aren't HDMI and DVI
> :(. With cables plugged into both ports I can't even see post. Remove one
> and suddenly lights are on.
>
> Using either HDMI or DVI with VGA works, though.
>
> Now I just need to figure out why wheezy demands on cloning the output.
>
> I'm hoping to find a solution that doesn't require installing the
> proprietary driver :).
>
> ciao,
>
> der.hans
>
> --
"Creativity is intelligence having fun." — Albert Einstein