Off Topic Discussions

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 07:03:38 MST 2013

Is marketing the goal.  I used to belong to a Christian men's group that turned it focus to membership.  Some left.  I was one of them.  There efforts have been in vain.

I've been on this list for maybe 13 years.  It has been a great resource.  I've learned a lot from you guys and you have helped me understand things that I was struggling with.

I always thought that is why the list existed - a place to share and help.

I'm not sure how more structure would help those new comers and how less structure would impede growth.

I watched a documentary recently and the guy said the first question is do you restrict freedom or is more freedom the solution.

If we do nothing the list grows organically and adapts to whatever is ahead of us.  If we try to manage that process we may and probably will at a minimum hamper growth.

Keith Smith