Off Topic Discussions

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Wed Jun 12 21:16:31 MST 2013

Well,

If you change nothing and the world changes, you no longer attract people
involved with new techniques and ideas.

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Derek Trotter <expat.arizonan at gmail.com>wrote:

>  Agreed.
>
>  On 06/12/2013 04:40 PM, joe at actionline.com wrote:
>
> I vote for keeping the PLUG list exactly the way it is.
> It works just fine.
>
> So what if there is occasional digression.
> A little digression is often interesting ... (up to a point).
>
> As long as "Off Topics" are plainly marked "OT," let it be.
>
> As JD (and others) noted, we all have a delete key and the
> ability to filter topics or individuals if/as desired.
>
> Also, a polite private note is usually a much better remedy
> than public thrashing over perceived offenses.
>
> Thank y'all for this great PLUG community.
>

> I have seen a very few changes create a large amount of action.
However if we are arguing on/off topic discussion, I put it to you that
"all the people who used to post here" have now gone to better sources with
their questions, like Fedora.org or Ubuntu Forums or learned to search
(which provides 97% of the answers pretty quickly if/when you learn to read
for context.

> .
>

> --
> "I get my copy of the daily paper, look at the obituaries page, and if I’m not there, I carry on as usual."
>
> Patrick Moore

(503) 754-4452 Android
(623) 239-3392 Skype
(623) 688-3392 Google Voice