32bit vs 64bit Linux

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 2 17:37:52 MST 2013

Yes!!  What a great thread.

My new box has a 3rd generation i3 and 8gb of RAM.  It is LAMP exclusively - public facing web server.  Over kill for what I am doing.   In a nutshell I should run the 64bit version.  This is an experiment and a vehicle for learning.  So far it has exceeded my expectations.

Thank you to all that responded, this thread holds a wealth of knowledge!!

I'm starting a new thread on how AMD and Intel manage memory.

Thanks again for such a great thread!!

Keith Smith