OT - Looking for Wireless Router Recommendtion

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Sat Jun 1 09:11:09 MST 2013

I was surfing the Internet this morning on my tablet, and all of a sudden I
lost my wireless connection. I have a wired network with a WRT54G as a
wireless access point. It seems the good ol' WRT has died....after many
years of continuous and faithful service. All my wireless devices cannot
get an IP address from the old girl. I rebooted (ie removed power and
waited 60 seconds), and still no IP addresses. I am sending this email from
a restaurant, so the tablet's wifi is working just fine.

Any suggestions as to a good reliable wireless router/access point that I
can pick up at Fry's today?

Nothing fancy is needed. I use a pre-shared key and mac filtering for
security. We have a couple of Macbook Pros, some iPhone 5s, and Android
devices that need to connect to surf the Internet. Also, a couple of ROKU
boxes and an old Wii to stream movies.

Thanks,

Mark