Why is Firefox so busy?

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Sat Jul 13 11:38:55 MST 2013

Maybe you can begin a shard & swap strategy like Hans....

turn off javascript - sites are loading more JS libraries that haven't
been optimized (see AMD) even if they only use one function. Also,
remove flash and java - there is a rash of server hacks (Apache etc)
that use those as a vector into your world. Do any of your sites use
HTML5 effects - those typically pre-load a large amount of data to
your browser - no real way to escape, just an observation.

Non static web pages will have us all running virtual machines just to
avoid being abused. Remember, you are not a client, you are the
product.  :(

give netsurf a try  http://www.netsurf-browser.org/